September 25, 2012

Greetings, salutations, etc, etc.


Hi everyone!

One of the things I've told myself year after year is to start blogging again. I was a fairly avid blogger when I was a teenager and it pretty much stopped once I got into college once I finally got over myself, developed some self esteem and stopped looking to others as a source of self-validation.

The only problem: what the hell would I even talk about? I'm not that interesting, and I don't think I'm capable of accomplishing greatness without a lot of help. This was a question that I thought a lot about in the past few weeks.

I'm three years out of college (almost four), starting the second half of my twenties and still figuring out what I'm actually doing with my life. It's been a process, but one of the most important things is that I have decided that I need to start keeping the promises to myself to finish projects, meet goals and get back on the bandwagon again.

So this is what this blog is: a promise to myself to finish projects that I start and accomplish my goals in life. It's to keep myself accountable by telling others via the internet and keeping my half of the bargain and the easiest place to start is my crafting hobby. I've always been a dabbler, whether it's oil painting, drawing, costuming, sewing, general crafts or knitting. I have so many projects planned in my head that it's kind of ridiculous to keep track at this point, so consider this blog a valiant effort to keep the creative energies in check.

That being said, this isn't going to be strictly a "LOOK WHAT I MADE"/instructional DIY blog. It will most likely be an odd assortment of photos, makeup swatches, The Princess, general misadventures and maybe, MAYBE, an important event or two.

Or three. It depends on the event.

So sit back, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and watch while I try to tame the craziness that goes on in my brain.

- Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment